After thinking and researching online, I found this cool water garden and fish tank. I thought the fish sounded like a fun idea for the kids and I thought fresh herbs in the house would be an amazing addition!
The gave this to the kids on Christmas Eve as a family gift….It turns out the kids loved it!!
They were so excited to get a pet. They have been asking for a dog for a long time and there is no way I can handle that now so a fish seemed like a good compromise.
So on Christmas Eve, we took them to the pet store!
The kids happily set everything up with us.
We planted the seeds, fed the fish, and watched our plants grow.
The kids fought over who could feed the fish – I knew that was coming, ha!
The wheat grass and radish sprouts grew FAST!
Then I chopped the herbs off and we added them to our salads. Next time, I will plant other herbs.
Bring the garden inside with a self-cleaning fish tank that grows food! The Water Garden (formerly the Aqua Farm) creates a closed-loop ecosystem—the fish feed the plants and plants clean the water!
The Water Garden includes:
- Fish tank and gravel
- Organic seeds and grow stones
- Natural fertilizer
- Coupon for a Betta fish
- Fish food
- Silent, submersible water pump
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
THE SCIENCE INSIDE
Aquaponics is a closed-loop, sustainable farming method that combines traditional aquaculture (raising aquatic animals) and hydroponics (growing plants without soil). It uses 90% less water than traditional farming.
- Fish produce ammonia-rich waste which can become toxic for your fish if allowed to accumulate.
- Beneficial bacteria in your Water Garden converts the ammonia into nitrates. These naturally occurring bacteria grow really well in your plant pots.
- Nitrates are amazing food for plants! As the plants continuously uptake the nitrates as nutrients for growth, they are also cleaning the water for your fish
Order your own here! :)