5 Packing Tips to Staying Organized
Hey, guys! I traveled last week to our doTERRA convention in Salt Lake City, Utah. It was amazing! Very few things do I claim to be an “expert” or good at, but this one I think I have in the bag. haha See what I did there? We have moved half a dozen times in the past 5 years, traveled internationally and nationally with 4 kids. Packing is my jam. Here are some of my BEST tips.
- Map it all Out-Lay it all out and map it out on a piece of paper or the notes on your phone. Think about the entire outfit and what you will need. Shoes, accessories, everything. And make sure you have worn or tried on every outfit before you pack it to wear it on your trip. It’s frustrating to get there and realize that it doesn’t fit or look the way that you thought it would. Make a list ahead of time and have all of your clothes washed and ready the day before you pack.
- Be Comfortable on Travel Days-Make sure your travel outfits are comfortable. I always travel in something very comfortable and something that has layers. Sometimes planes or car rides can be cold or warm and you don’t want to be trapped in a hot outfit or be cold. Think layers!
- Roll your clothes, do not fold them. And pack them together if at all possible so on your trip you can grab them easily. When I’m on my trip I don’t want to be organizing my clothes. I want that done ahead of time. I’m too busy having fun on my trip or being a mom and worrying about my family. Do the organizing ahead of time.
- Less is more. This is why you map it all out. Bring what you need and wash clothes at your destination if possible. Keep it simple and focus on your trip and don’t make the journey more stressful. If you bring a lot of suitcases and you’re lugging them everywhere and you never even wear half of the stuff in your bag, why put yourself through that? Map it out and bring your favorites! I love simplicity and minimalism!
- Hygiene bags are awesome! I have a favorite bag from doTERRA that I bought two of as a fathers day special but I personally love it too! I keep mini sized containers of my favorite products in there filled and ready to go. That way when my trip comes up, my hygiene bag is organized and ready, I just need to get my make up ready and add to it.
These are my top tips! What are your top tips for organizing when you travel?
I did a video HERE on how I organize my essential oils when I travel.
A lot of you have asked about my iTOVI and if I like it. I love it! You can get one HERE.
New to oils and want to learn more? Go here: https://www.bonniedonahue.com/2017/01/start-here.html