Do you love Kombucha Tea? Have you ever tried making your own? It’s so easy, cheap, and healthy!! I’ve been making my own way before it was popular…we were the weird ones, lol, but now we’re cool!
Here’s a quick recipe to enjoy….
The original recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks! Nourishing Traditions Book
Kombucha Tea Recipe
Yield: about 1 quarts of kombucha
- 1 quart filtered water
- 1/4 cup organic, refined white sugar
- 1 bag of black tea
- 1 kombucha mushroom/SCOBY (Get a starter kit here)
- Make black tea by bringing water to a boil, add sugar until dissolved, and then turn off the heat and add tea bag. Let the tea sit in the water until the water is brought down to room temperature.
- Remove the tea bag, add the kombucha mushroom/scoby.
- Cover with a tea towel or washcloth. Set the container in a shaded area/cabinet for about 7-10 days.
- After 7-10 days remove the scoby. (You can try different teas and days to ferment to see what you like.) You can use a filter if needed.
- Enjoy and repeat!!